Saturday, June 27, 2009

June 27

Wow, long time since I last posted. My how time flies!

Um... developments include: I am newly single. I have made a tonne of skipper friends and am adding them on Facebook. We're planning on doing Skipper Bowling night.. this goes along with the skipper dinners, parties, and park trips. Roommates are all single now too - so rarely are all roomies home at night as they've found boy toys. I have made good friends with a gentleman with a car, so we've been going out a lot to restaurants and parks that are a trek and a half for me to walk or bus. I'm addicted to ice cream Crunch bars down here. Waste of 2 bucks a day haha! ..

Weather has been nice. It thunderstorms hard one day almost all day, then the next two days are beautiful, and then it rains sometime each day for the next 2 or so. Yesterday in the Jungle, the air was pretty cold, so it was wonderful... Everyone in the apartment is sick again (not me yet!), and we're not quite sure why... I hope the mould hasn't returned.

Went to Hollywood studios the other day off with the gentleman (Brett) and its fun being able to know the tricks. We definitely used the override buttons on all fastpass machines to jump lines (therefore holding more than one fastpass in an hour.. bad us!) .. and then went and watched all the shows and stuff without fastpass. I saw the American Idol Experience for the first time.. Its pretty cool. We also were able to jump the 2 hour wait time at Toy Story Mania because Brett had a friend working that day. We waited all of like 10 minutes. I beat Brett of course! :P.. Another skipper named Alex is scheming to get me to go to Animal Kingdom and try Expedition Everest - we'll probably do that park Monday. The Monday following is a skipper birthday party for a guy named Tommy - the plan is Epcot for various activities, food and a movie I believe. Should be fun!

Oh... Important stuff... I got all the courses I wanted (even the ones with maximum capacity of 20 people!). My design courses include Contemporary Problems in Design, Self, Society and Design, Image and Influence, Design Internship, Typeface Design, Design for Public Awareness, and Communication Design 2. My non-design courses also sound interesting - "Photography, Film and Popular Culture" and "Language, Power and Persuasion". I'm pretty happy (and lucky) that I got all my courses.. I've ben watching the Facebook status updates of friends, and a fair number have not been as successful.

I'm also avoiding Property Control. Every time I go in there, I find something to spend money on. If, however, there is something you would like me to look for let me know. I bought Devon a very nice digital camera for 30 bucks and there's always more like that.. All kinda of shirts, shoes, hats (Disney Merchandise) and beautiful watches and jewelery. Requests, let me know.

I don't know if I've talked about this, but I found out that I might be able to go Seasonal here at Disney. Requirements include working 40 hours a year, and at least one scheduled shift every 6 months. This means I'd be able to keep my Disney discounts, get into the parks for free all year long (I don't know about how many people I'm allowed to get in though). I have to talk to my managers, go through a screening process of sorts, and then hope to be granted the seasonal standing. After that though, I have no clue how it works. Haha.

I miss my dogs. So much. I'm debating going to the kennel clubs here and begging them to let me walk dogs. We have stray cats living at Vista Way.. but I don't think they'd really give me my "fix". Can't wait for you guys to come down too!

Um.. I can't really think of much else. Besides the fact that in the normal skipper way, the puns and the bad jokes follow us everywhere. They become part of our normal way of talking - and can be very very annoying. It'll be interesting to see how long this (annoyance) lasts. :)

Love you guys, give me a shout every now and then if you'd like - here or through email or whatever. Ttyl!

No comments:

Post a Comment